Last Updated: September 5, 2020
At Clava Volleyball Club, protecting your private information is our priority and we are committed to being upfront about it. Clava Volleyball respects the privacy needs and concerns of our users. We appreciate the trust you place in us when you choose to visit our websites, make use of our website/app and services and we take that responsibility seriously.
We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from users who are under the age of 13 or that are minors in the jurisdiction from which the Clava Volleyball website is accessed. If a user under the age of 13 submits Personal Data to us and we learn that the Personal Data is the information of a user under the age of 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) protects the online privacy of children under 13 years of age. Clava Volleyball Club does not knowingly collect or maintain Personally-Identifying Information from anyone under the age of 13, unless or except as permitted by law. Any person who provides Personally-Identifying Information through the Website represents to us that he or she is 13 years of age or older. If we learn that Personally-Identifying Information has been collected from a user under 13 years of age on or through the Website, we will take the appropriate steps to cause this information to be deleted
If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us. We will delete such information from our files as soon as reasonably possible.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect certain personal and financial information from you while you use the website, and most of this collection occurs during registration. Some information is required and some are optional, some will remain private and some will be displayed to other users. We always let you know which is which.
Additional information may be gathered during your subsequent use of the website, whenever you choose to provide it. We further collect information when you register to use our site, apply to the club, register for an event, camp, program, search for a feature, make a purchase, your activity levels on boards or other social media functions on the applicable social media sites, the applications you use on social media sites, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, login information for social networking sites, personal description, photographs, athletic experience and positions, medical information, payment information and any other information that you may decide to provide to us.
Other Information About Your Use of the Services
When you use our Services, we collect the following information about you:
- Usage Information: Whenever you use our Services, we collect usage information, such as the sessions you use, what screens or features you access, and other similar types of usage information.
- Log Information: We collect standard log files when you use our Services, which include the type of web browser you use, app version, access times and dates, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our websites.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers set by your device operating system, and mobile network information (like your connection type, carrier and region).
- Information we generate: We generate some information about you based on other information we have collected. For example, like most platforms, we use your IP address to derive the approximate location of your device. We also use your first name to make an educated guess about your gender and use information about your activity to help determine the likelihood of you continuing to use our Services in the future.
HOW WE MAKE USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
When you make use of our website, we will use this information we collect about in different ways such as:
- Effecting, processing, delivering and performing a contract you have entered into with or through us;
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services, and develop new products and service;
- Facilitate effective communication;
- Send you transactional or relationship messages, such as receipts, account notifications, customer service responses, and other administrative messages;
- Giving you important information about the Club and third-party events, programs, activities, services, promotions, camps and special offer;
- Notify you about changes to our products and services;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Clava Volleyball and others. If you feel your transaction was declined in error, please contact us for assistance at email@example.com;
- Comply with the law, such as by processing transactional records for tax filings;
- Personalize your online experience and the advertisements you see on other platforms based on your preferences, interests, and browsing behavior; and
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise trade personal information collected about you through the Site, and that collected through the Services to others. The information that you provide to us is an important part of our business and we share your personal information only as described below:
- With companies and organizations that perform services for us, including our affiliates, payment processors, fraud prevention vendors and other service providers;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our agreements or policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Clava Volleyball or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Clava Volleyball and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction. For instance, you may choose to share actions you take on our Services with third-party social media services via the integrated tools we provide via our Services. We also share aggregated or other information not subject to obligations under the data protection laws of your jurisdiction with third parties. For example, we sometimes share aggregate information with research organizations to help facilitate their research.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
THIRD-PARTY SERVICES, SITES AND RESOURCES
KEEPING YOUR DATA SAFE
As a matter of policy, we are committed to protecting our users’ personal data. We implement appropriate technical, administrative and organizational measures to help protect the security of your personal data; however, please note that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect the personal data that we gather about you, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and so, we cannot guarantee its absolute security of your data transmitted to the Service; any transmission is at your own risk. We have implemented various policies including encryption, access, and retention policies to guard against unauthorized access and unnecessary retention of personal data in our systems.
Your password protects your user account, so we encourage you to use a strong password that is unique to your Clava Volleyball account, never share your password with anyone, limit access to your website and browser.
DATA RETENTION AND DELETION
We keep your personal data only as long as necessary to provide you with the Clava Volleyball Service and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as maintaining the performance of the Clava Volleyball Service, making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes. We keep some of your personal data for as long as you are a user of the Clava Volleyball Service.
If you request, we will delete or anonymize your personal data so that it no longer identifies you, unless we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain personal data, including situations such as the following:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute we will retain the necessary personal data until the issue is resolved;
- Where we need to retain the personal data for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary personal data for the period required by applicable law; and/or,
- Where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users.
When you download or use our mobile applications or access one of our mobile-optimized sites, we may use various technologies to determine location, such as location services of the applicable operating system or browser and sensor data from your device. We automatically receive and record information on our server from your browser or mobile platform, including your location, IP address, browser type, operating information, device and application IDs, and cookie information. We will not use any information collected for advertising purposes and we will not provide this information to any third parties for use in the marketing of any product or service to you.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE SEEK YOUR CONSENT
We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop the processing of your data for that purpose.
Also, we employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. They have access to personal information needed only to perform their functions. We require companies with whom we contract for outsourced services to keep data received from us confidential and to use it only for the purposes indicated.
WHAT RIGHTS AND CHOICES DO YOU HAVE?
In compliance with certain restrictions under national law, as a data subject, you have the right to have access to, make updates, erase and restrict processing of your personal data. If you have any questions or objection as to how we collect and process your personal information, please contact our Customer Service. The Clava Volleyball Services also include settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used.
You can get a copy of the personal information collected by us if any. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many features of Clava Volleyball Services.
You can add or update certain information by visiting your Clava Volleyball account When you update information, we may keep a copy of the previous version for our records.
If you don’t want to receive e-mail or other communications from us, please see the Managing Your Preference section.